Posted by: Ken Wheatley | July 27, 2009

Day 4

What a difference a day can make. Sheila’s feeling much better, and although she’s still slightly slurring her speech as a result of the painkillers, she’s pretty upbeat.

We talked and decided that we can’t wait for the MD Anderson trial, so assuming USC has everything they need to give us the green light, we’re going to go with them.  Doing so shouldn’t preclude us from going to MDA in the future if the Battle trial is still open. Or they may have something else at that point. It’s not an easy decision, because we think the MDA trial is actually the better one for Sheila, but we can’t afford to wait another two week to start with them. Plus, Dr. B is on vacation for another week, so we don’t have the opportunity to run any of this by her. Bad timing, but she needs her vacations too.

They’re weaning Sheila off the IV pain meds today to pills with the hope that the pills will do the trick and she can get out of the hospital tomorrow. If that’s the case then we’ll hopefully get started at USC later this week.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: